MAKE YOUR DEBUT
The magic of a dream night, in a setting of absolute beauty in the heart of the most romantic city in the world: welcome to the Venice Debutante Grand Ball! The Parade in St. Mark's Square alongside your knight, the coronation in the oldest and most prestigious hotel in Venice, the Hotel Danieli, the greedy stop at the Grancaffè Quadri, the oldest in the world founded in 1720, the journey by gondola from San Marco at the Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista, the triumphal entry into the Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista, the dancing evening with the live symphony orchestra, the Gourmet Gala dinner and the conferral of the "Queen of the Waltz" Awards and "King of the Waltz" are some of the highlights of the most glamorous ball of the year, the Venice Grand Ball of Debutantes!
The prestigious Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista opens its doors to dance for the first time since its foundation in 1261 until now, offering to guests from all over the world an absolutely exclusive event in the entire history of Venice!
This is how you can apply as a debutante at The Venice Debutante Grand Ball.
To be admitted to The Venice Debutante Grand Ball you must be between 15 and 26 years old.
Then we look foward to reciving your application! Please understand that applying couples will be admited on a preferred basis (individual application by exception only).
After you purchase your ticket you will have 5 days to fill the registration form.
Filling in the description form that you will find below is mandatory and will give you the opportunity to apply for the selection of the Awards:
"QUEEN OF THE WALTZ" and "KING OF THE WALTZ"
If you are declared a "Queen of the Waltz" Award winner you will win the Debutante Tiara and Plaque Award.
If you are proclaimed winner of the "King of the Waltz" Award you will win Princely Icon Twins and the Plaque Award.
The following rehearsals have been scheduled for the preparatory phase:
- 1 main rehearsals for all couples at the Grand Salone at Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista (April 28th, 2023).
DRESS CODE FOR REHEARSAL
LADIES: black skirt, white blouse, no rubber sole shoes.
GENTLEMAN: black suit, white shirt, tie, no rubber sole shoes.
DRESS CODE FOR THE GRAND BALL
- white ball gown (no crinoline, no glittering applications);
- white elbow-length gloves;
- light-coloured shoes (either white, gold, silver, nude or rosé);
- hairstyle: a pinned-up ball hairstyle is compulsory;
- white coat (for the S. Marco Square Parade and the Red Carpet).
- black tailcoat;
- white waistcoat;
- white gloves;
- white bow tie;
- black patent leather shoes;
- black socks;
- hairstyle: please trim your beard if you don’t have it, hair neatly brushed, possibly styled using gel, no loose hair (if you have long hair, it must be tightly tied in a ponytail);
- black coat (for the S. Marco Square Parade and the Red Carpet).
- FFP2 mask, according with Italian Ministry of Health, if still valid for the date of the event.